If you are looking for the right medical assistant training program in Alabama, you should look at these schools and their offerings. The list includes campus and online programs to choose from. You can also search by zip code using the form on the right of this page.
The job market is increasingly competitive everywhere. The best opportunities will go to those who have the best credentials and the right training. Make it a point, if you are just starting out in the medical assisting field to do everything you can to make yourself standout in the crowd. Getting the right training will help do that.
Types of Medical Assistant Training Programs in Alabama
You have choices in terms of the types of programs for medical assistants available in Alabama. You can find both campus and online programs that will get you the right training. Your situation may make one option more viable than the other. But the choice is yours. Do a little research and compare your alternatives. Get information from the various schools that offer medical assistant programs. Then make your selection. Here are a few things to consider in your evaluation.
How Long are Medical Assistant Programs in Alabama
We get asked the question “how long does a medical assistant program take” quite often. It seems this is always a critical question but maybe it shouldn’t be. There are always reasons to complete your training as quickly as possible, but hopefully not at the expense of getting the best training you can.
The most common length of a medical assistant program is from 6 months to 2 years. If you are going for a degree program they will be in the 2 year range. Upon completion you will have earned an Associate degree or diploma. The 6 month medical assistant programs will give you a certificate of some kind. So the answer to the question “how long is a medical assistant program” really depends on what you want to earn.
If you have been working for a number of years and you finally want to get certified but you need to complete that training program you had time to take, you might want to see if there is an accelerated medical assistant program based upon advanced placement because of your work experience. Check with individual schools.
Accredited Medical Assistant Programs in Alabama
Make sure that the medical assistant program that you ultimately select is properly accredited. This will allow you to sit for the CMA exam upon completion. Certification, while not required by any state at this time, is a practical necessity if you want the best chance at getting the best pay and benefits.
Specialty Programs in Alabama
Don’t forget there are specialty programs in this area including medical office assistant programs, medical administrative programs, medical laboratory assistant programs and others.
The future looks bright for healthcare careers. Take the next important step and get the information that will start you on your own career. A list of medical assistant certification programs in Alabama can be found below or get a list by zip code in the form on the right side of this page.
Medical Assistant Training Programs In Alabama
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Billing and Coding
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)