If you are looking for the right medical assistant training program in Alabama, you should look at these schools and their offerings. The list includes campus and online programs to choose from. You can also search by zip code using the form on the right of this page.
The job market is increasingly competitive everywhere. The best opportunities will go to those who have the best credentials and the right training. Make it a point, if you are just starting out in the medical assisting field to do everything you can to make yourself standout in the crowd. Getting the right training will help do that.
Types of Medical Assistant Training Programs in Alabama
You have choices in terms of the types of programs for medical assistants available in Alabama. You can find both campus and online programs that will get you the right training. Your situation may make one option more viable than the other. But the choice is yours. Do a little research and compare your alternatives. Get information from the various schools that offer medical assistant programs. Then make your selection. Here are a few things to consider in your evaluation.
How Long are Medical Assistant Programs in Alabama
We get asked the question “how long does a medical assistant program take” quite often. It seems this is always a critical question but maybe it shouldn’t be. There are always reasons to complete your training as quickly as possible, but hopefully not at the expense of getting the best training you can.
The most common length of a medical assistant program is from 6 months to 2 years. If you are going for a degree program they will be in the 2 year range. Upon completion you will have earned an Associate degree or diploma. The 6 month medical assistant programs will give you a certificate of some kind. So the answer to the question “how long is a medical assistant program” really depends on what you want to earn.
If you have been working for a number of years and you finally want to get certified but you need to complete that training program you had time to take, you might want to see if there is an accelerated medical assistant program based upon advanced placement because of your work experience. Check with individual schools.
Accredited Medical Assistant Programs in Alabama
Make sure that the medical assistant program that you ultimately select is properly accredited. This will allow you to sit for the CMA exam upon completion. Certification, while not required by any state at this time, is a practical necessity if you want the best chance at getting the best pay and benefits.
Specialty Programs in Alabama
Don’t forget there are specialty programs in this area including medical office assistant programs, medical administrative programs, medical laboratory assistant programs and others.
The future looks bright for healthcare careers. Take the next important step and get the information that will start you on your own career. A list of medical assistant certification programs in Alabama can be found below or get a list by zip code in the form on the right side of this page.
Medical Assistant Training Programs In Alabama
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Billing and Coding
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care