If you are looking for the right medical assistant training program in Alabama, you should look at these schools and their offerings. The list includes campus and online programs to choose from. You can also search by zip code using the form on the right of this page.
The job market is increasingly competitive everywhere. The best opportunities will go to those who have the best credentials and the right training. Make it a point, if you are just starting out in the medical assisting field to do everything you can to make yourself standout in the crowd. Getting the right training will help do that.
Types of Medical Assistant Training Programs in Alabama
You have choices in terms of the types of programs for medical assistants available in Alabama. You can find both campus and online programs that will get you the right training. Your situation may make one option more viable than the other. But the choice is yours. Do a little research and compare your alternatives. Get information from the various schools that offer medical assistant programs. Then make your selection. Here are a few things to consider in your evaluation.
How Long are Medical Assistant Programs in Alabama
We get asked the question “how long does a medical assistant program take” quite often. It seems this is always a critical question but maybe it shouldn’t be. There are always reasons to complete your training as quickly as possible, but hopefully not at the expense of getting the best training you can.
The most common length of a medical assistant program is from 6 months to 2 years. If you are going for a degree program they will be in the 2 year range. Upon completion you will have earned an Associate degree or diploma. The 6 month medical assistant programs will give you a certificate of some kind. So the answer to the question “how long is a medical assistant program” really depends on what you want to earn.
If you have been working for a number of years and you finally want to get certified but you need to complete that training program you had time to take, you might want to see if there is an accelerated medical assistant program based upon advanced placement because of your work experience. Check with individual schools.
Accredited Medical Assistant Programs in Alabama
Make sure that the medical assistant program that you ultimately select is properly accredited. This will allow you to sit for the CMA exam upon completion. Certification, while not required by any state at this time, is a practical necessity if you want the best chance at getting the best pay and benefits.
Specialty Programs in Alabama
Don’t forget there are specialty programs in this area including medical office assistant programs, medical administrative programs, medical laboratory assistant programs and others.
The future looks bright for healthcare careers. Take the next important step and get the information that will start you on your own career. A list of medical assistant certification programs in Alabama can be found below or get a list by zip code in the form on the right side of this page.
Medical Assistant Training Programs In Alabama
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator